The additional guidance offered in this document is intended to support parents/ carers in making the correct choice of school footwear for your child
The following extract is taken from our school uniform policy:
Acceptable school footwear for your child is a formal, black leather or faux leather shoe.
The following bullet points detail, as clearly as possible, what is not acceptable:
- Your child’s school footwear cannot be a trainer or something that a person would reasonably interpret as being a trainer style.
- Your child’s school footwear cannot have any form of branding, be that words or a logo, which a person would reasonably interpret as marking it out as a trainer. Common examples include, but are not limited to Nike, Adidas, Lacoste, Puma, etc
- Your child’s footwear school footwear cannot have designer branding.
- Your child’s school footwear cannot be a pair of boots
- Your child’s footwear cannot be made of canvas or similar material
- Your child’s footwear cannot have a significant heel
Please be aware that there are shoe style within the example pages that would not be acceptable (such as boots, brown shoes, loafer style and flimsy ballet style pumps).
If, having read this additional guidance and studied the additional images below, you are still unsure please feel free to forward an image of your potential purchase to your child’s Head of Year, who will be able to confirm whether your choice is acceptable or not.