Learn About Our Distinctiveness
We believe that we are a very special school, rooted in the Christian ethos, inclusiveness and high educational standards. Our philosophy is set out in the Governors' section of the website. You can read this if you click here.
Each morning before breaktime, we take time to meet with Jesus, just as the early disciples did on the road to Emmaus. We invite Jesus to be with us throughout each day and to stand with us in our thoughts, words and actions. There is a specially designed programme of activities where students explore a variety of issues to provide an opportunity for students and staff to explore their own spirituality. This time is used by students of Christian faith, or all faiths and of no faith to reflect on the issues in hand and to consider a variety of viewpoints. Students exercise their right to individual liberties, to tolerance and to mutual respect in these sessions on a daily basis.
We have a dedicated faith reflection space which is designed to be used for a variety of purposes. Iain Baker, vicar at St Thomas' uses this space for the Explore club. This space is currently a blank canvas which is developing - Iain has applied for funding from the Diocese in order to turn this space into a friendly area to contemplate and to reflect. If you would like to donate anything to our faith space, then please do contact Miss Milne.
“To provide an outstanding learning and personal development experience within the context of the Christian ethos of the school for all our students and staff, being an organisation in which the parents and the wider community rightly have full confidence.”
- Outstanding learning: students experience the highest quality learning to help develop them into well rounded citizens.
- Outstanding curriculum: we provide a curriculum for our students which is motivating, engaging and which meets their specific needs.
- Outstanding support: we encourage every child to be an individual and we personalise their learning and support.
- Our achievement: the results achieved by our students exceed local and national expectations at all levels.
- Our staff: we employ the best team of staff to deliver maximum success for students and recognise the need to constantly develop and retain the best possible staff within the school.
- Our community: we listen to and respond to the needs of our community so that a first choice service is available to all and people locally value us as a central focus for the development of their community.