Our Christian Distinctiveness
‘God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them’
1 John 4:16
Jesus said ‘If you hold to my teaching… then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.’
Our vision is to enable every student to achieve their God-given academic and personal potential, so that they can make a positive impact in the world. We seek to be a community built on knowing God’s truth and love. Our values are distinctively Christian, governing and underpinning all that we do, and therefore we are wholly inclusive of students with any faith and no faith.
We aim to reflect God’s love and grace as revealed in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, never settling for less than going ‘the extra mile’ in caring for our students and staff.
We aim to be a school that is thankful to God for the education and opportunities we receive, and thankful to one another for every valuable contribution to our community.
We aim to be a community that trusts in God, and provides a safe and secure environment in which we can trust one another so that everyone feels valued and is able to share their opinions and grow in confidence.
We aim to be a community of justice, where we value every person, made in the image of God, regardless of age, gender, ability, sexual orientation, background or religion.
We aim to nurture a sense of curiosity and excitement about God’s world that will stimulate our students to search for truth, meaning, purpose and a faith by which to live. We aim to enable them to develop the joy of discovery and the discipline of study for the whole of their lives.
Learning in God’s truth and love, we take pride in success and celebrate what we achieve together – academically and creatively.
The governors and staff of The King’s School are committed to providing an excellent education within the context of a Christian school.
It is important to us that each and every one of our students feel valued, knowing that their contribution to school life is acknowledged and appreciated.
We want every one of our students to set themselves the highest standards, aiming at all times to achieve their full potential which is why our caring Christian community will actively encourage students to become responsible, ambitious and committed individuals.
Our mission is centered around the core belief is that everyone is created individually by the hands of God. With this in mind, we aim to:
- encourage and promote traditional Christian values within the framework of a rapidly changing world;
- help students to develop inquisitive, enquiring minds; the ability to question and argue rationally, approaching every task with strength, rigor and determination;
- provide a safe and happy environment in which all students have the opportunity to develop in to well-rounded individuals; personally, physically, socially, academically and spiritually;
- maintain and promote a considerate community in which each person in encouraged to demonstrate concern and respect for everyone
- have at its heart collective worship contributing towards the spiritual development of both pupils and adults.
- prioritise the teaching of RE so that pupils develop religious literacy and a deeper understanding of other faiths, beliefs and cultures.
- provide a purposeful curriculum with a multiplicity of learning experiences to meet the differing needs of individual students whilst offering equality of opportunity and consistently high standards of teaching;
- foster within each student a thirst for learning and recognition that education is a lifelong process in order to make rewarding contributions to the community;
- aim at excellence in demonstrating the Christian faith; promoting pride and unity throughout all our work connected with the school;
- ensure that students, parents and all staff are involved in the fulfilment of our vision of excellence;
- support students to understand the world in which they live and the inter-dependence of individuals, groups and nations, being aware of their Christian and cultural heritage alongside an acceptance of the diverse society in which we live.